Growthbuilt’s HSE Team
Head of WHSE
Growthbuilt Safety Continuum
The Growthbuilt HSE principles, drivers and objectives are contained within the centre piece of our HSE Strategic Plan 2018 – 2020, the Growthbuilt Safety Continuum which outlines the six key strategic deliverables:
– Knowing our business (Accountability, Governance, Communication)
– Understanding, knowing and managing our risks (Acquire, Disseminate, Maintain)
– Proactive HSE & leading change (Consult, Co-operate, Co-ordinate)
– Knowing our operations (Clients, Workers, Contractors)
– Understanding the impact of our projects (Preparedness, Risks, Mitigation)
– Safety in Design (Design Impact Assessment and Review
– Appropriate resources (Human, Capital, Physical, Plant)
– Appropriate processes (Systems, Policies, Procedures, Training)
– Appropriate resources and processes are implemented (Integrated IMS, Safety Impact Assessment)
– Monitoring (Reporting, Review and Response)
– Goals and Priorities (Relevant, Measurable, Timely, Cost-Effective)
– Audit and Inspection (External, Independent, Internal)
- Legal Compliance
– Due Diligence (Due Diligence Framework)
– Legal Audit and Review (Independent Legal Review)
– Executive HSE Review (Complying with Duties and Obligations)
- Continuous Improvement & Verification
– SMS Oversight (Audits, Reporting, Personal Commitment)
– Safe Standards (Site Leadership Observations)
– Investigate Success (What went right – action after learning)
Growthbuilt Safety Values
Our Key Principles
- All workers have the right to a healthy and safe working environment
- Well designed, healthy and safe work will allow the Growthbuilt Team to have more productive working lives
- HSE must be handled as an investment that generates its return through a healthy, productive and safe workplace
Our HSE Drivers
- A genuine and visible safety commitment
- Embracing HSE responsibilities
- Developing HSE Leaders
- Creating a positive HSE culture
- Continuous Improvement and benchmarking
- Working ethically and sustainably
Our Key Objectives
- A healthy, safe and productive workforce and environment
- Development of safety leaders across all operations
- Increased workplace consultation and collaboration
- Reduced exposure to HSE hazards and risks
- Operating in a sustainable manner
Growthbuilt STEM Program
If you observe unsafe work or a hazard:
The work and contain (if safe to do so) the Hazard – report the issue to the site foreman or your supervisor.
How can the work be done safely – consult with all workers.
If there is an unsafe behaviour or hazard that contributed to the issue, educate the worker, eliminate the hazard (where practicable).
If the hazard can not be eliminated, assess and develop a safe way to work, mitigating the risk and reassess.
Consult with all involved.
If the issue cannot be resolved immediately, the task shall be suspended until an appropriate resolution is developed and approved. A STEM interaction should be reported as a “Near Miss” so lessons can be learnt.
Key HSE Documentation
The fundamental principle of due diligence in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) is the recognition that to achieve positive outcomes in HSE management, officers need to be engaged in the strategic direction and participate in HSE risk management processes.
The Growthbuilt Due Diligence Framework is available for download at the link below.
Due diligence, in the context of Growthbuilt’s approach to work health and safety and the environment, means:
- taking every precaution that is reasonable in the circumstances to protect the health, safety and welfare of all workers and others who could be put at risk from work carried out with or on behalf of Growthbuilt
- protecting the environment in which Growthbuilt operates, and conserving resources
At Growthbuilt, managing worker health and safety and risks to the environment is integral to our business and a central element of everything we do. Safe practices must be inherent in our systems, our operating procedures, and most importantly in the way we think.
The Growthbuilt Due Diligence Policy is available for download at the link below.
At Growthbuilt, managing worker health and safety and risks to the environment is integral to our business and a central element of everything we do. Safe practices must be inherent in our systems, our operating procedures, and most importantly in the way we think. As an employer and Principal Contractor, Growthbuilt provides and maintains a safe and healthy workplace for team members, consultants, contractors and visitors.
The Growthbuilt Contractor is available for download at the link below.
The Growthbuilt Health, Safety and Risk Profile is available for download at the link below.
Growthbuilt delivers construction projects across the public and private sectors with passion, experience, expertise and innovation.
The Growthbuilt Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Policy is available for download at the link below.